Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Interrogation

Fandom: Gundam Wing
Title: Interrogation
Author: neko no warai
Summary: The mission was a set-up. One by one, the pilots had been caught and locked away. They all knew what was coming next; interrogation. And Heero's suddenly decided that his new mission is to keep the others out of it. /Slight 2x1. Non-graphic torture/
Rating: PG-13

I’ve read this story over and over because it’s that good. And yet… I’ve never left a review it seems o.o I need to do that…

This is one of my favorite stories in the Gundam Wing fandom. It’s so in character for all the pilots. Yeah, some may argue that Heero is a bastard who doesn’t give a flying fuck about any of his fellow pilots but if you watch the show, especially the eps where he and Quatre are together you’d see that’s just not true.

Anyway, the story! It starts out with the five pilots captured. Heero has been through the most training when it comes to his situation so when their captors come to torture them for information he offers himself up. Before that point the boys play a little word game… and yes, I have the urge to play it myself. May have to do that the next time I’m among friends…the fact is, it’s a way for the pilots to learn about each other without their captors doing the same.

I love that the author doesn’t go into the graphic detail of the horrors that Heero is put through. They give us just enough to know that it was bad but leave it right there on the edge so that our imaginations come up with the rest. I don’t know about you guys but when I read Trowa’s line, “I don't think he'll be sleeping for a while…Because I think the most damage was done mentally”, my mind (which is naturally angsty to begin with) went in a million and one directions of what could have been done to Heero.

I do wish that the author would have given us the escape. I think it would have been really cool to read. But at the same time it gives us Heero-fangirls a chance to imagine him being totally kick ass.

I have to admit, the final words of the story… “Mission accomplished”…

Yes, author, yes it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment