Monday, October 17, 2011

From the Ashes Pt. 3


From The Ashes

By RandomSlasher (Trilliah)

*Review of Part Three*



Summary: When Merlin uses magic to save Arthur's life, he is condemned to death, and Arthur is too late to save him. But when the grief-stricken prince, along with Morgana and Gwen, journeys to Ealdor to return Merlin's ashes, a series of strange events leads them to believe the warlock may not be as dead as they thought.

Rating: NC17

Couple: Merlin/Arthur



Read it here and don't forget to give Trilliah some love!



In the third part they, once again, turn to books for help and as before, they offer little to no help. Morgana in her infinite wisdom, and well her connection to the druids and all, says she's going to ask the Druids for help.



…Yeah.



I don't know whether this is a good idea or a bad idea. Bad things tend to happen when Morgana meets with the Druids. Just saying.



I'm put at ease, however, because Arthur offered to go as well. Hopefully things'll work out and they'll get some answers that will help them get Merlin back…or, you know, Arthur will have another dream and Merlin will say it's a bad idea.



These guys just can't win.



At least Merlin told Arthur why he didn't like the idea of him going to the Druids. And, God, it's just so freaking fluffy and cute and cuddly that I'm cooing like a fangirl. *siiiigh*



“I don’t care one fig about what’s best for Albion,” Merlin said, frowning. “I care about you, you prat.”



Damn…Trilliah's making it hard for me to dislike Mordred. He's so helpful and worried, and not like the show built him up to be. *siiiigh* Once again, I hope nothing bad comes from Arthur going to the Druids for help.



*wiggles*



Mordred could sense Merlin and it seems like the Druids do know something that could help. I say could because they seem very…hesitate to offer that help, but that could be because it's dangerous or something of the like.



Yeah, okay. Arthur has to give his life in order to bring Merlin back. Go figure right? So far I'm not sure if he literally has to die, as in no more Arthur, or if the Druids plan on killing him and then, you know, saving him.



Of course, it goes without saying, Merlin is not happy about this and doesn't want this ceremony/ritual to be performed. But Arthur being Arthur, won't hear anything against it because, well, he wants Merlin back. Even if it costs him his life.



This, of course, leads to Merlin angrily throwing himself at Arthur and, well, you'll have to read to see what happens next. :D



“You understand why I have to do this.”



“Yes,” Merlin mumbled. “That doesn’t mean I have to like it.”



You know. I just realized that Mordred was prophesized to kill Arthur in the series, and the story's holding to this canon. Guess who's helping perform the ceremony that'll kill Arthur to bring Merlin back.



…Oh yeah, you guess it. And if you did it, you'll have to read. Ha ha ha.



Mordred smiled, looking pleased, and nodded in a gesture of acceptance. Then, lifting his hand, he murmured a word, and the wood around Arthur spontaneously caught fire. Arthur fought a slightly hysterical urge to laugh. Looks like Merlin was right: Mordred is going to kill me.



If you could see my face right now, you'd be laughing at me. Or cringing in sympathy because that wasn't a cool, amusing joke. *siiiigh* So far, though, things are going well with the appearance of Arthur's mother. I'm assuming he's "dead" or in limbo or some fluff like that.



Enter Merlin and suddenly I think that earlier mention soul-bond was just formed. I've learned that everything is mentioned for a reason and nothing is ever mentioned to just be mentioned. It's fun finding the earlier placed eggs and seeing how they form the story.



*squeals*



It worked! :D The insane ceremony/ritual thingy worked! And, while Merlin and Arthur are going through their real-world reunion, I'm wondering what they'll say to Uther to explain Merlin's reappearance…



Merlin blushed, ducking his head again. “I still can’t believe you went to all that trouble for me,” he said, looking down at the ground between them.



“Of course I did,” Arthur said, leaning forward again and tipping Merlin’s face up so the other man’s eyes met his.



“Why?” Merlin whispered, searching his face for an answer.



Arthur simply smiled, leaning forward to kiss Merlin softly. “Because I love you,” he murmured as he drew away, looking into Merlin’s eyes again.



And this, ladies and gents, is where I'll leave you. If you want to know the conclusion of From The Ashes, then I strongly suggest you read the story. It's the perfect bit for any Arthur/Merlin lover out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment