Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Madness of Angels

Fandom: Final Fantasy VII
Title: The Madness of Angels
Author: Amarissia
Summary: SOLDIER cadet Zack Fair's apprenticeship to Angeal Hewley draws him into the secrets of ShinRa, a series of bizarre murders, and new feelings of his own that will have to be confronted. Crisis Core and before, the angsty, yaoi way. Complete.
Rating: R
Warnings (if applicable): Yaoi, angst

Review:

A summer back or so I was going through a FFVII: CC phase. During this phase I found "The Madness of Angels" by Amarissia on ff.net. It's so rare to find a story that has a good plot line and is of decent size. I was lucky enough to find both. When I discovered this fic I could not stop reading. I had to limit myself to 5 chapters a night, the chapters are really long. Zack has long been my favorite character in the FF series, even back to the point when I thought he was a girl XD

Zack never seemed to be the type who would keep a diary... but somehow it really worked in this story. His recounting of his training days with Angeal was so believable, even what I'm going to call the "puppy" parts. Throughout the story you feel Zack's elation, his determination, and his grief. I was drawn into the story and felt like I was right there. Amarissia has a true gift when it comes to writing these characters. This is the story that could have been happening in the scenes not shown in the game.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4066102/1/The_Madness_of_Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment